PAC members volunteer their time in two different ways:
- Counseling. The PAC acts as an advisory group exposing opinions, offering proposals and/or providing feedback on specific subjects that are brought to its attention by the general parent group. Comments expressed during these meetings are aimed at presenting to Académie officials diversity of thought and varied points of views, often on specific issues.
- Event organization. The PAC organizes small-scale fund-raising activities, such as Pajama Days, Mabel Labels Fund-Raising Program and the traditional Bake Sale. These activities help finance recreational events such as the Kermesse and Teacher Appreciation Week, among others.
The French and English Scholastic Book Fairs are also important events where “money credits” are raised to help the school buy more educational material for the children.
We organize social events aimed at creating opportunities where parents and children can meet and strengthen friendly relationships. Ticket sales are required to cover the expenses of these events.
We promote humanitarian activities, such as the Christmas Angels and the nonperishable-products collection during the holiday season.
We assist the Académie management in producing and promoting the annually anticipated Yearbook.
Offering your time and commitment Most of our events require the assistance of many volunteer parents to help them succeed. Everything achieved by PAC is the result of their generosity and teamwork.
Being a volunteer is a very rewarding experience:
- It’s a real joy to see our children having fun and appreciating our presence in their school.
- It presents a great opportunity to get to know our children’s friends and their parents better.
- It sets an example for our children about the importance of participating in community, and how it results in making a difference for all involved.
Some parents might be able to volunteer a couple of hours a day, others might be interested in becoming a member of a sub-committee in charge of a specific event. We welcome your participation; please feel free to volunteer for just one or as many activities as you wish. And if you experience any last-minute change of plans, just let us know as early as possible so we can find someone to replace you.
To volunteer, click on the following e-mail address: Jsood@amcca.ca Someone from the PAC will contact you soon.