The history of Académie Marie-Claire is one of unbridled perseverance and uncompromising commitment driven by a love for children and a passion for quality educational programs. It is a history where the growth of the Academie parallels the dedication of the founder of the Academie, Madame Marie-Claire Martin.
Madame Martin registered her first children for daycare service in 1981. These students received an educational program and home-cooked meals. They were exposed to arts and craft and provided with a stimulating environment that nurtured their brain as well as their bodies. From there emanated the resolve to elevate the standards of educational service and deserved by children as well as improve the quality work associated with the name Marie-Claire. The opening of several other daycares ensued, each gaining acclaim and notoriety.
Answering to the demands of parents, La Maternelle de Marie-Claire, an award winning development, was built in 1995 followed by the construction of Academie Marie-Claire in 1997.
Since then, the Academie experienced a 2nd phase of construction in 2000 where technology became an integral part of the academic program. In 2005, the 3rd phase of expansion took place and included additional classrooms, a full-sized gym, an expansion of the Computer Lab and a full-fledged Science Lab (the only primary school offering this).
The mission of Academie Marie-Claire is to enrich the lives of students by providing them with a warm, caring and safe environment where opportunities for growth prevail, where exposure to knowledge is plentiful and where they can develop as leaders and contributing members of the larger community.
- We value and affirm the mission of the Academie through Service by playing a major role in the lives of our students and by helping them reach their goals.
- We value and affirm the efforts of our colleagues and students through Respect by conducting and addressing our colleagues, students and parents in a matter that is courteous and respectful.
- We value and affirm the need to effectuate positive change in ourselves and in this world by accepting Personal Responsibility for our actions and their outcomes.
- We value and affirm the importance of nurturing a culture of collegiality through Team Building and appreciating the diversity of this world while underscoring the Individuality of each person as well as the unique contributions and worth of others.
- We value and affirm the importance of fostering in students a sense of obligation towards others through Leadership and Public Service by providing to staff, students and those implicated the proper environment, conditions and value system to contribute to the welfare of society.